One of our principal goals is to create a safe and welcoming community where students can thrive. We build relationships with Berkeley Hope Scholar students from the moment they arrive on campus by welcoming them into the BHS community. Since 2005, Berkeley Hope Scholars has delivered comprehensive services to BHS students to ensure their academic success, personal development, and realization of educational and career goals. Based on notions of mutual support, self-advocacy and mentoring, BHS assists students in their transition to college and pathway through the University.
- Fall Transition Course: "Ensuring Success for Foster Youth in Higher Education"
- Monthly academic and enrichment workshops
- Referral to BHS liaisons for academic and personal needs
- Supplemental financial aid
- Mentorship and career development
- Community space and satellite food pantry in partnership with Basic Needs Center
- Provide access to academic and personal support resources
- Facilitate academic enrichment and career opportunities
- Supplemental financial aid support for unmet needs
- Advance "paying it forward" by encouraging students to participate in community service
- Promote self-advocacy and life skills
- Create a safe and trusting community space for BHS students